Quotables

But what do I know? I'm just a twice clicken brown shirt teabaggin tjroll. Right? --PatP

Not now. There are dirty, swaying men at my door. They’re looking for Brian. I need to go deal with that. --Thor

If Joss Wedon was near me, I'd of kicked his ass. --PaulC

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kings

If you didn’t watch Kings, get over to Youtube or Hulu and do so. The finale was this week, and it’s the best show I’ve seen in a while. For me it replaced Galactica. Here's a good piece from Ian McShane and Sebastian Stan (king and prince, respectively) from the first episode.

I won’t ruin the show by telling you what it’s about, but it’s got everything a great tv show needs, minus Bruce Campbell. The characters are well-drawn, the acting is all above par, and the plot and dialogue are as good as anything that ever came out of (Battlestar’s) Ron Moore and David Eick (bitter? Me?).

I just can’t say enough about this show. It’s cancelled, which (imho) only adds to its credibility. There’s even a movement to get it un-cancelled, and given that it’s not a Fox show (Firefly, Family Guy, Futurama, just to rattle off the short F-list. Yet The Simpsons hang on for twenty seasons), that’s heartening. Anyway. Just thought I’d spread the word about the show and get people to watch it maybe. If, after reading my blog, then watching the show, one person sends a butterfly to

Ben Silverman
3000 W Alameda Ave
Admin Bldg
Burbank, CA 91523

then I consider my mission successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment