Quotables

But what do I know? I'm just a twice clicken brown shirt teabaggin tjroll. Right? --PatP

Not now. There are dirty, swaying men at my door. They’re looking for Brian. I need to go deal with that. --Thor

If Joss Wedon was near me, I'd of kicked his ass. --PaulC

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Most Interesting Man in the World

So I was at Chili’s with my wife this week for dinner and, since there was a wait for the dining room, we sat in the lounge.

Ordinarily I don’t like to sit in the lounge, because it tends to lead to me getting yelled at for paying too much attention to the TVs and not paying any attention to her. And that’s what happened this time as well.

On the TV this time were several things that intrigued me. One of which was a NESN show about (you’ll never guess) the red sox, in which they talked a lot about the “Red Sox Nation.” I had no idea this was an actual organization. But that’s not what I want to blog about today.

Today I would like to introduce to you the most interesting man in the world. If you’ve seen a Dos Equis commercial in the past few weeks, you now who I’m talking about. I’d seen a couple of these commercials recently and, to be quite honest, they are the only commercials that have ever made me want to drink any particular beer. Except for this one, but I already drink Guiness, so it doesn’t count.

Anyway, When I saw this particular Dos Equis commercial at Chili’s, I thought to myself (and said aloud) “that’s a guy who knows how to field-skin a moose.” And since I wrote a piece on Esquire’s list of things every man should know, I thought I would re-wake that topic to say this:

Yes PaulC, You’re right. If I’m at a party and one guy begins his story with “you’ll never believe who I ran into at the deli counter,” and another guy starts his story with “so I was out in the woods, skinning this moose…” I’m listening to the moose story.

No comments:

Post a Comment